Skip to main content

About Us

Equal Housing Logo

Charities We Support:

Semper Fi Fund for Veterans     The Wild Animal Health Fund  A Kid's Brain Tumor Cure PLGA Foundation  4 Paws for Ability Service Animals

(Click on any logo for more information)

The Brookwood family of properties is managed by Campbird Management Co., LLC using simple core values:

  Service to Residents
  Safe, Sanitary and Appealing Housing
  Equal Housing Opportunities & Inclusion

We treat individuals using income from vouchers or rental subsidies as we treat people with income from employment. We consider all sources of income for current or prospective tenants seeking to pay for housing, including but not limited to housing assistance vouchers, subsidies, or other forms of public assistance, as well as social security income, disability benefits, veterans benefits, child support, alimony and other legal non-wage income.

We are committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. We will not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, age, familial status, marital status, partnership status, lawful occupation, lawful source of income, military status, alienage or citizenship status, or on the grounds that a person is a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking.  We also prohibit retaliation.

Our staff works tirelessly to attend to our residents' needs. That is why many of our residents have been with us for over 20 years.
If you would like more information about any of our properties, please contact us.

All lawful sources of income, including housing vouchers, are accepted.


Reasonable Accommodations
The New York State Human Rights Law requires housing providers to make reasonable accommodations or modifications to a building or living space to meet the needs of people with disabilities. For example, if you have a physical, mental, or medical impairment, you can ask your housing provider to make the common areas of your building accessible, or to change certain policies to meet your needs.
To request a reasonable accommodation, you should contact your property manager by calling 631-775-9497, or by e-mailing [email protected] . You will need to inform your housing provider that you have a disability or health problem that interferes with your use of housing, and that your request for accommodation may be necessary to provide you equal access and opportunity to use and enjoy your housing or the amenities and services normally offered by your housing provider. A housing provider may request medical information, when necessary to support that there is a covered disability and that the need for the accommodation is disability related.
If you believe that you have been denied a reasonable accommodation for your disability, or that you were denied housing or retaliated against because you requested a reasonable  accommodation, you can file a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights as described at the end of this Notice. Specifically, if you have a physical, mental, or medical impairment, you can request:
Permission to change the interior of your housing unit to make it accessible (however, you are required to pay for these modifications, and in the case of a rental your housing provider may require that you restore the unit to its original condition when you move out); Changes to your housing providers rules, policies, practices, or services; Changes to common areas of the building so you have an equal opportunity to use the building. The New York State Human Rights Law requires housing providers to pay for reasonable accommodations to common use areas.
Examples of reasonable modifications and accommodations that may be requested under the New York State Human Rights Law include:
If you have a mobility impairment, your housing provider may be required to provide you with a ramp or other reasonable means to permit you to enter and exit the building. If your healthcare provider provides documentation that having an animal will assist you with your disability, you should be permitted to have the animal in your home despite a no pet rule. If you need grab bars in your bathroom, you can request permission to install them at your own  expense. If your housing was built for occupancy after March 13, 1991 and the walls need to be reinforced for grab bars, the housing provider must pay for that to be done.  If you have an impairment that requires a parking space close to your unit, you can request your housing provider to provide you with that parking space, or place you at the top of a  waiting list if no adjacent spot is available.  If you have a visual impairment and require printed notices in an alternative format such as large print font, or need notices to be made available to you electronically, you can request that accommodation from your landlord.
Required Accessibility Standards
All buildings constructed for use after March 13, 1991, are required to meet the following standards:
Public and common areas must be readily accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities; All doors must be sufficiently wide to allow passage by persons in wheelchairs; and All multi-family buildings must contain accessible passageways, fixtures, outlets, thermostats, bathrooms, and kitchens. If you believe that your building does not meet the required accessibility standards, you can file a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights.
How to File a Complaint
A complaint must be filed with the Division within one year of the alleged discriminatory act or in court within three years of the alleged discriminatory act.  You can find more information on your rights and on the procedures for filing a complaint by going to, or by calling 1-888-392-3644. You can obtain a complaint form on the website, or one can be e-mailed or mailed to you. You can also call or e-mail a Division regional office. The regional offices are listed in the website.